Thursday, July 2, 2009

I would be sadder if Paul McCartney died...

But I'm still pretty freaking sad about Michael Jackson dying.

I just want to share my Michael Jackson story. Those of you who followed me on my old myspace blog have heard this, but I'll share it again.

I went to Exeter, England with my husband on one of his business trips. We were signed up to meet in front of the big cathedral for a "ghost tour"---a walking tour of all the haunted hotspots in Exeter. Sounds pretty great, right? Yeah, I know.

Anyway, we were waiting for the tour to begin. We noticed that a big crowd of people was forming in front of a hotel next to the cathedral. (The hotel's claim to fame---according to the ghost tour lady---was that the Beatles stayed there once. I love me some Beatles, so I loved that hotel)

Anyway, we saw this crowd so we went over to see what was going on. We asked someone and they said Michael Jackson was going to be coming to the hotel. Michael Jackson? What? Why would Michael Jackson be in rinky dink little Exeter? It sounded kind of unbelieveable, but we joined in the group to wait around and see if the King of Pop actually showed up. The ghost tour lady was very irritated that her tour was being held up by Michael Jackson and said if he wasn't there in 15 minutes, the tour would begin anyway. (The English are very efficient and like their shed-jules)

We waited for about 14 minutes, and a big black car rounded the corner, with bodyguards jogging alongside of it. We in the crowd got very excited and lo and behold, the car stopped in front of the hotel and out came Michael Jackson.

I think I was about 10-15 feet away from him. My main impression was that he completely looked like a cartoon character. He didn't even look real. Maybe it's just that I'd seen him in so many videos and tabloids that it was just surreal, or maybe it was because his face was made of plastic. Probably a little of both.

He was very happy and smiley and waved at the crowd and went in the hotel. There was another guy that started waving at the crowd too, like he was famous, but no one around me knew who he was. He totally acted like he thought he was a celeb---we later found out that it was David Blaine. I don't know why David Blaine was hanging with MJ, but I've always kind of been annoyed at David Blaine since then. He really had a big ego to wave at Michael Jackson's crowd like we actually knew who he was, or cared who he was. (Sorry, I get really annoyed at egos)

So that's my Michael Jackson story. I wish I had photos, but I forgot my camera. That sounds like I'm making up this story, but seriously, who would make up this story? It's pretty random. Here's my proof that Michael Jackson was in Exeter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/news_features/2002/michael_jackson.shtml

I guess I can't really prove I was in Exeter. Whatever. I saw Michael Freaking Jackson.

1 comment:

  1. Two relatives of mine were having a debate: was MJ a freak or the King of Pop? Resolution: he was the Freaking King of Pop.

    ReplyDelete