Monday, March 15, 2010

The Flame of the Hustler

Do you like that title? I like it a lot. I found a great website of random book title generators. I will be using that from now on for my blog titles.

"The Flame of the Hustler" blog entry starts....now!

Okay so I said I would report my weight watchers weigh ins. Yeah, I totally put that off. Anyway, at my initial weigh in, I was at 164. I followed the Weight Watchers plan all week, all ready to weigh in and bask in the glories of weight loss. But the problem was, I got hungry.

On my weigh in day, I skipped breakfast because I didn't want breakfast weight weighing me down. Then I went to the gym and worked out for an hour to sweat off some water. Then I was totally thirsty but deprived myself water because I didn't want water to weigh me down.

This kind of mentality usually worked okay when my meeting was at 9 am, but I was planning on going to a noon meeting. Oh.My.God. Big time blood sugar issues and deydration going on. I took the kids out to lunch and totally pigged out on Mexican food 30 minutes before weigh in.

So after a bellyful of tortilla chips, taco salad and two big glasses of water, I weighed in and was up .6 lbs.

Totally a fake "weight" gain, but it still thoroughly depressed me.

This is one of the reasons I hate Weight Watchers...it makes me crazy. I act like a 14-year old high school wrestler when it comes to weighing in. It's completely illogical and totally disordered eating, but it is what it is.

The next week, I did the 9 am meeting and didn't pig out beforehand and was down 4 lbs. So that was really 4 lbs in two weeks, because of that messed up second weigh in. I'll take it.

So there we go.

That had nothing to do with flames or hustlers. Shoot. Maybe tomorrow's title generator will give a better result?

No comments:

Post a Comment