Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rod Serling, rapper



Okay, now that song is totally the best Michael Jackson song you've never heard. It's from the 2001 Invincible album. It looks like he was going to perform it in his This Is It concerts, because the This Is It documentary shows him dancing to this song for a little bit., and it is fantastic, especially because Rod Serling raps in it (2:16...they mashed together clips of him talking on The Twilight Zone into a rap). You can't get Rod Serling rapping anywhere else, so there you go. It's a fine song.

The reason I'm mentioning it right now is because it is possibly the best song on earth to do squats to. Yesterday, at the gym, I had this song on repeat. I started doing some squats and realized it had possibly the best beat ever for squats. I'm such a girl. It makes me so happy when I can choreograph my strength training to music. I realize I look like a complete dork around these big muscle guys who lift maybe 7 reps of some monster heavy weight, while I'm basically doing a squat dance for 5 minutes, but whatever. This song is perfect for squats. I totlaly went to town on the squats.

Oh.my.God. I have not been this sore in a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time. I'm walking around like a little old lady today. I'm not complaining. Delayed onset muscle soreness is seriously one of my favorite feelings in the world. My legs and butt are on fire today. Good times.

It's time like these, when I find a perfect workout song that I wish I was still teaching classes. But anyway, I just wanted to share this great song as a good squat track for anyone looking for a nice sore butt (if you're looking for a squat track, and a sore butt anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment