Friday, May 22, 2009

Random observations while running.

I went for a run today, which is pretty much one of my favorite things in life to do. The most random thing happened to me...

I ran by this old guy on the sidewalk, and as I was running past, he starts yelling out "Hey! Wait a minute!" So I stopped and turned around and asked "What" (very wearily considering the last conversation I had with a stranger while out running---read my blog "Creep")

He said the most random thing I've ever been asked while running...

"Do you have a pen on you?"

Why would a runner carry a pen? What would make that guy think I would have a pen? I wasn't carrying a purse. I didn't even have any pockets---I had my keys in my bra even (I'm always afraid I'm going to trip and be impaled in an unfortunate area but it hasn't happened yet.)

What would some random guy hanging out on the sidewalk need a pen for anyway? Weird.

I just ran away. It was a nice run. I ran the Bix route, so it was about 7 miles. During that time, I also came face to face with a barking, running loose pitbull who was with a Golden Retriever pal. The Golden Retriever was also barking, but it was more of a bark to his killer friend like "Hey, cool it man! You wanna get locked up and euthanized! Relax, dude!". Last week I got chased by a daschund but it's a lot scarier when a pitbull is acting like he wants to rip your face off (even if his Golden Retriever pal is trying to talk him out of it). I so want a dog so to protect me when I run (or even a guy would be good---my next husband when I'm done with my current one will be a runner). Anyway, my face wasn't ripped off. I was saved when some lady wearing a shirt and no pants came and brought her dogs inside. She showed no embarassment at all at being bare-assed.

And speaking of partially nude people, later on there was this guy walking towards me. He was wearing a shirt and pants (I know that seems random, but my mentioning it will make sense). I stopped to tie my shoe and when I was done, he was still walking towards me but he had no shirt on. That was kind of weird. It wasn't hot or anything, so I think he just wanted to show me his muscles. He was very muscley, but the creepiness factor outweighed the muscleness factor.

Also, I got a lot of horns honking at me today. I don't understand that at all. I had all my clothes on, unlike pretty much everyone else I ran into. Why do guys (it's always guys) feel the need to honk the horn and yell stupid things at female runners? Do they think I'm going to just be so turned on that I'm going to chase their car and jump in for some sweaty monkey love? The best horn honking experience I had was last summer. This guy honked his horn and yelled out some idiotic thing like "Baby!" Then he got a red light. So he was forced to sit in his car right next to me. He just stared right ahead while I yelled "What do you want? Why are you yelling at me? Grow up!" That was good times.

Running is so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment