Friday, October 23, 2009

Because I won't be able to do a post tomorrow

Here's a bonus for today:

It really pisses me off to no end when people feel the need to comment on the amount of time I spend on Facebook. I like Facebook a lot. There are lots of interesting things and it is a great way to keep in touch. I'm on and off it all day, and I a new status update pretty much once or twice a day. It's good times.

But people like to get all snotty about other people's computer usage. I get comments all the time about "Geez, you spend so much time on Facebook! You must be really bored!"

Here's the deal. I don't watch TV. I don't go out drinking. I don't sleep around with random dudes. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't even overeat. I try to avoid spending money and/or shopping. Plainly said, I have no vices. So with no vices to fill up my time, I spend the time that could be used on stupid pointless activities on Facebook, an equally stupid and pointless activity.

I don't waste my time more than anyone else, it's just that my time wasting is documented on Facebook. It's not even like I'm spending huge chunks of time on it. I pretty much have serious ADD issues at this stage of my life. I'm up, I'm down, I'm in the kitchen, I'm in the backyard. I don't stay in one place long. If I write a status update at 9 am, then take a quiz at 11 am, then comment on someone's post at 1 pm, then post pictures at 5 pm, then write another status update at 7pm, that doesn't mean I've been on facebook for 10 hours straight.

So whenever someone gets on their high horse criticizes me for playing around on Facebook and having no life, I pretty much imagine that they spend their non-facebook addicted life sitting in front of the tv, chowing down and/or smoking and/or drinking, while calling phone sex lines and partaking in compulsive online shopping. That's fine. I'm not judging.

It's a bit of a sore subject.

1 comment: