Monday, October 19, 2009

I really am not going to be able to come up with titles everyday.

Or anything blog-worthy. But that's okay. I'll do the random thing, just as long as I do something.

Um, let's see. Well the main thing going on right now is that our freaking washing machine hose broke and therefore our basement was flooded. It's annoying because neither my husband nor I (that doesn't sound right, grammatically. And "grammatically" doesn't look right, spelling-wise.) are "handy" at all, so we are forced to rely on the schedules and billing of plumbers. We had to turn off our water supply, and the plumber people aren't coming until this afternoon. We're all sitting around our house being smelly for lack of showers, with grimy feeling teeth for lack of a proper tooth brushing, and no coffee. I wasn't smart enough yesterday to take a shower as soon as I was done working out, so I have some pretty old nasty sweat on me right now. I smell like a homeless guy. If I could make some coffee, I might be able to handle smelling like a homeless guy. With caffeine, I would be like one of the stinky but happy homeless guys, one of the high, kind of a hippie kind of vibe. But without caffeine, I pretty much feel like one of the really mean homeless guys who get in your face and yell and curse at you about how the government is trying to control your thoughts.

Mario didn't go in to work today for hygienic reasons, and that's never good. Mario and I can handle about a weekend's worth of family togetherness. Like 48 hours is good. Then he goes back to work and I get control of my turf again. When we have a three day weekend kind of thing, it really just turns into a bitchfest (in this case, a smelly, bad-breathed, non-caffeinated bitchfest). He decided to clean out all the kitchen cabinets because he was irritated with having to sit around waiting for a plumber. That's all fine and good, except that when Mario cleans something, he expects me to help. I'm not cleaning anything without some coffee in my system. So yeah, we're kind of getting on each other's nerves.

We had to spend last night pulling soggy junk out of our junk room. The kids are all excited because I had to pull the Christmas tree out to dry and now they think Santa's coming any time now. I found a box full of old Halloween costumes and the kids are having fun with those but I'm kind of worried about a mouse or a brown recluse spider or something lurking in a wig. A couple good things came out of our forced cleaning of the junk room. I finally got to throw away the boxes and boxes of old magazines that Mario has been hanging onto for his entire life. Like music magazines from 1995, and wrestling magazines from 1988 and a bunch of other random stuff that he socked away like someone from "Hoarders". Also, another good thing is that I found some boxing gloves I completely forgot that I owned. I took a kickboxing class last Tuesday and it was great in that I was sore for days and days and days, but it was bad because I had to borrow some slightly soggy, definitely smelly, nasty gloves from the teacher. I will be much more enthusiastic about returning to kickboxing now that I actually have my own gloves. I will have to check for mice and/or brown recluse spiders.

Okay, that was really boring. Sorry about that. I'm just real pissy right now. Pissy, and really smelly.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your washer!! If it doesn't get fixed soon you are all more than welcome to come over to our place to shower if you like. I just bought bath toys for my nieces so we're even equipped for children. =)

    ReplyDelete