Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for yoo-oo-ooo-oou.

So I'm really going to do this everyday, but can't guarantee they'll be long (which is probably good) I can guarantee that many will be boring and pointless, so if that's your thing, read on.

I'm fussy. I haven't been able to exercise all week because I can't leave the house. I'm waiting for people pretty much all day. I've had all these guys running in and out of my house, dealing with this basement flooding thing. All the carpets in our basement had to be yanked out and replaced. Insurance says they'll pay for it, so I guess the silver lining in all of this is that we'll get a free basement renovation forced upon us (the irony is that the basement was already renovated by a previous owner---and paid for by insurance---because of a fire.)

I was really just planning on putting down carpet again, then Mario's cousin got me excited about other options(ha, editor's note: instead of "Mario's cousin", I accidentally typed "Mario's husband" Weird. Anyway...) I've been researching and carpet is really dirty and gross and moldy, pretty much anytime, anywhere. So now I'm thinking laminate? I don't know. The carpet guy is coming today at 11 am. Either that or 1 pm. Either that or whenever he feels like coming. Fine by me. I'm here.

It's annoying having to sit around and wait for people, but it is one nice aspect of being a housewife that I'm able to do that. The contractors will say something like "We need to schedule a time to come in. What would work for you?" Then I reply "Anytime. I'm always here." And they get such a look of suprise and happiness in their faces. They probably get real sick of having to schedule out time windows because they know they'll totally be late anyway (because that's how contractors roll) then the customer will be all pissy that they have to miss work. My work consists of sitting around the house, so it works out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment