Thursday, October 22, 2009

Show them how funky strong is your fight.

I don't want to write a blog, but have committed to this everyday thing. So here goes...

The only thing I can think of that is vaguely funny (to me anyway) is that on Sunday, Mario and I took the kids to see the Halloween Parade in Moline. It was a beautiful day, so there was a huge crowd out to see it. We were looking for a spot to sit, and Mario found a little spot where no one was sitting, so he and the kids sat on the curb and I stood behind them.

Then this big, pink haired, twentysomething biatch started biatching behind me to her man. "I was going to sit here, these people stole our spot, now we can't see, blah blah blah" This lady was standing about 5 feet away from where we sat down when we sat down, and unfortunately I didn't pick up any psychic vibes saying that she maybe kind of probably wanted to sit in that spot eventually.

She was whining and whining to her man right behind me. Her man, to his credit, was rational and didn't care. But she kept going on and on and on.

I'm not a confrontational person. I try to get along, but this lady wouldn't stop. I got pissed and turned around and kind of went off on her about how she didn't own the street and she wasn't anywhere around when we sat down and that she needed to let it go. I pointed out several times that she wanted three little kids to get up so she could sit down. (She didn't ahve any kids with her) What a lazy ass (I didn't say that part) She wouldn't give up, and Mario got involved and told her "Listen, I'll move over 6 inches and you'll have all the room you need. Would that make you happy? Would that solve the problem?" As soon as he said that, she kind of retreated. Mario has a way of making people retreat. He's very polite and charming in his problem solving abilities, but he pretty much looks like any mafia henchman out of any Godfather movie (one time I was dealing with a male former friend calling me all the time/stalking me, and Mario didn't really care for it, and I didn't really either. We happened to run into him somewhere and I introduced them, and all Mario did was shake his hand and give him a look, and I never heard from the guy ever again. He can be very intimidating without saying one thing when he feels like it.)

So the lady went back behind us, and chilled out a little, but she kept bitching about it the whole time. So here's what strikes me as funny...

I am so not a confrontational person, but she wouldn't stop. I was getting very rattled, and I turned around and growled at her "Back off me, lady! Back off."

What's funny about that to me (and probably not to anyone else) is that I apparently learn my confronational skills from Michael Jackson videos

(see 6:40)




It's very surprising I didn't say "You ain't bad! You ain't nothing!" or "You wanna see who's Bad?" or even "Beat it! Beat it! No one wants to be defeated!".

I'm slightly (lotly) ashamed of myself. I should have better arguing skills than just quoting Michael Jackson.

But hey, at least it worked. She did shut up, or at least moved further away so I didn't have to hear her. I'm not sure why it worked, but it did.

1 comment:

  1. Weirdness will drive people away faster than intimidation in many cases. Quote Michael Jackson lyrics and learn a few good Nerd Lines, and no one will hassle you again. Smeghead.

    ReplyDelete