Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I've given up Facebook for lent

So I'll be doing this more often. I like the fact that with a blog, you can post something and if no one responds to it, you can assume that no one actually read it. The thing I'm HATING about facebook is if you post something, and no one responds, you have the displeasure of knowing that people actually did read it and dismissed it as not worthy of commenting upon. Then you just feel like a real goober nerd with a messed up sense of humor. Or maybe that's just me. whatever. I'm needy when it comes to positive affirmation. It's how I roll.

I don't like feeling like I'm talking to myself on Facebook. I'm okay with it over here.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I read and love your facebook updates! However, it's often from my phone while I'm driving (oops). J/K (kinda).

    How do you feel about the "like" function? I like the "like" but do you think it's sort of a gray area where people read your comment but don't deem it worthy of commenting to it? I don't really think this way, but now that I read your post I'm not so sure? Hmmmm....? LOL.

    I love being a stay at home mom. Seriously!! It is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sucks I have to go back to work!!!!!

    Do post on the status of your headstands. I am wondering how they are going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, when I was discussing the "like" comment, I didn't mean YOUR :) comments specifically...I meant peoples' comments in general. I have bad grammar, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facebook is so not fun if people aren't participating back. It's a social networking site, right? So if no one is being social, it's pointless. I guess it's good for people that play farmville or bejeweled mafia or whatever they're playing, but I'm not one of those people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. So I think we agree that "liking" is good because at least it's participation. I hate those stupid game notification things. I haven't taken the time in the "new facebook" to figure out how to turn them off but they annoy me. I have been getting lots of pillows thrown at me. lol

    ReplyDelete