Thursday, February 25, 2010

My husband is doing the babysitter

Oh my god, no he's not really. We don't even have a babysitter.

Yesterday at about 1 pm, a guy came to to my front door. He was selling coupon books for his kid's school fundraiser. I didn't buy any because there is no way I will buy coupon books from a kid who sends his dad out to do his fundraising. Or a dad who is fine with doing his son's fundraising, either. Geez.

The boys were standing with me when I was talking to him. I told the guy "Oh, I think these guys' school is doing the same thing".

And that was that.

Then about 5 hours later, the same guy came to the door. Kind of creeped me out (I'm jumpy these days due to weirdo problems, including one weirdo who walked into my house unannounced and had no explanation for why she came in my house. Weird)

Anyway, this guy said to me "Hey again. Are the parents home now?" I said "What parents?" He said "The people you're babysititng for. Do they want to buy a coupon book? Can you ask them?"

Now THAT's a compliment. Nothing makes me happier than having people think I am just way too young to possibly have three kids. I love it. I'm not even that young of a mom, really, because in evolutionary history, a woman having her first child at 25 is actually a pretty late bloomer.

I explained that I was the parent and no, I didn't to buy anything. Then I romped into the kitchen to brag to Mario about the guy's confusion over my age. Mario thought it was pretty funny. I told him "Wow, Mario! You are the creepy dad who's doing the babysitter!"

Funny, eh? Not so much when immediately I hear Heath repeating me. "Daddy's doing the babysitter!" If Heath hears an expression that is new an interesting, he likes using it. I was laughing so hard, but I told him to stop. Fortunately he has no idea what "doing the babysitter" means, I need to censor what I say more (I say "more" because I already had censored my sentence. At least he was only saying "doing".)

I'm very afraid Heath is going to tell some random person "Daddy's doing the babysitter!" That should definitely make for some awkwardness.

1 comment: